Call For Contribution
2017 AI Challenges for Humanoid Soccer-Playing Robots
The 40th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI2017) features the Workshop “AI Challenges for Humanoid Soccer-Playing Robots”. Researchers and teams from the RoboCup Humanoid and Standard Platform League are invited to present their latest research and compete with other teams in small demo games. The Workshop will take place September 23 – 26 in Dortmund, Germany. The Workshop represents a main preparation event for the RoboCup Humanoid and Standard Platform leagues 2018 season and for the international RoboCup world championship 2018.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
We invite submissions of papers reporting on high-quality, original research with relevance to the area of artificial intelligence challenges for humanoid soccer robots. The list of subjects includes, but is not limited to, computer vision, perception, planning and scheduling, heterogeneous multi agent systems and uncertainty. All researchers working in these areas, even if not actively participating in RoboCup, are requested to submit their work.
Papers will be selected for two presentation categories at the workshop:
- extended oral presentation,
- short ‘lightning presentation’.
Papers are limited to a maximum of 6 pages, have to be in English and formatted according to the Springer LNCS style. We especially encourage undergraduate students to submit papers and reserve time for their presentations.
All contributions are peer-reviewed.
PARTICIPATION IN ROBOTIC SOCCER TOURNAMENT
Teams from the RoboCup Humanoid and the Standard Platform League are invited to develop software and hardware together, exchange ideas and compete in a small tournament against each other. A soccer field as well as space for the teams to prepare their robots will be provided. A special demonstration of the workshop results and the soccer playing abilities will be organized for the participants of the KI-2017 main conference. Although we encourage teams to submit papers to the workshop, it is not mandatory for participation in the tournament.
We invite application emails providing the following information:
- Contact information (team representative, affiliation, address, link (if available)).
- Which RoboCup leagues have you been involved in (Humanoid / SPL / Other / None)?
- Are you willing to play against robots from leagues other than your own?
- Are you able to play in a mixed team with other robots from your own league?
- How many persons are planning to participate as part of your team ?
- How many and what kind of robots do you plan to bring?
- Submission of papers / Applications for robotic soccer tournament: August 6th, 2017 (Deadline extended!)
- Notification of acceptance: August 20, 2017
- Submission of camera-ready copies: TBD
- Workshop: September 23 – 26 2017
The submission system for the conference papers will be announced here later this spring.
Your participation in the soccer tournament will be free of charge. If you are presenting a paper, the regular workshop fees apply (please see the main KI-Website fore more information).
For questions please contact
Maike Paetzel, Hamburg Bit-Bots, maike.paetzel[a-t]it.uu.se
Ingmar Schwarz, Nao Devils, ingmar.schwarz[a-t]tu-dortmund.de
Reinhard Gerndt, WF Wolves, r.gerndt[a-t]ostfalia.de