Call For Contribution
2015 RoboCup Humanoid Open Workshop (RoHOW)
The 2015 RoboCup Humanoid Open Workshop (RoHOW) will be held in conjunction with the 38th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI2015) (http://ki2015.computational-logic.org), September 20-22 in Dresden, Germany. The Workshop represents a main preparation event for the 2016 RoboCup Humanoid and Standard Platform leagues 2016 season and for the international RoboCup world championship 2016 in Germany.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
We invite submissions of papers reporting on high-quality, original research with relevance to the area of artificial intelligence challenges for humanoid soccer robots. The list of subjects includes, but is not limited to, computer vision, perception, planning and scheduling, heterogeneous multi agent systems and uncertainty. All researchers working in these areas, even if not actively participating in RoboCup, are requested to submit their work.
Papers will be selected for two presentation categories at the workshop:
- extended oral presentation,
- short ‘lightning presentation’.
Papers are limited to a maximum of 6 pages, have to be in English and formatted according to the Springer LNCS style. We especially encourage undergraduate students to submit papers and reserved time for their presentations.
The proceedings of the RoHOW will be published as workshop notes to be included in the collection of papers on the KI-2015 proceedings USB stick that will be distributed to all KI-participants.
All contributions are peer-reviewed.
PARTICIPATION IN ROBOTIC SOCCER TOURNAMENT
Teams from the RoboCup Humanoid and the Standard Platform League are invited to develop software and hardware together, exchange ideas and compete in a small tournament against each other. A soccer field as well as space for the teams to prepare their robots will be provided. Tournament games will take place on Tuesday. Although we encourage teams to submit papers to the workshop, it is not mandatory for participation in the tournament.
We invite one-page applications providing the following information:
- Contact information (team representative, affiliation, address, link (if available)).
- Which RoboCup leagues have you been involved in (Humanoid / SPL / Other / None)?
- Are you willing to play against robots from leagues other than your own?
- Are you able to play in a mixed team with other robots from your own league?
- How many persons are planning to participate as part of your team ?
- How many and what kind of robots do you plan to bring?
- Submission of papers / Applications for robotic soccer tournament: June 30, 2015 (Deadline extended!)
- Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2015
- Submission of camera-ready copies: August 15, 2015
- RoHOW: September 20 – 22, 2015
Please submit workshop papers and applications for robotic soccer tournament via the easychair submission system.
For questions please contact OC/TC members Maike Paetzel, Soroush Sadeghnejad or Reinhard Gerndt.